Christmas times was such a happy time in our home when the boys were young. They would be sneaking around the house hoping to find where I had their presents hidden. (They found them a few times, too.)
We baked Christmas cookies together. The kitchen was a disaster area. Flour and powdered sugar everywhere. We had so much fun.
We would all go together to pick out the perfect Christmas tree and bring it home and adorn it with lights and decorations.
The boys are all grown up now. One of them is no longer with us. He’ll be watching us from heaven. I had no little helpers in the kitchen as I baked. There was no arguing over the perfect Christmas tree. I just went and picked out the tree I liked and took it home. The house is all decorated with nativity scenes and little lited Christmas villages.
We will open Christmas presents and have Christmas dinner. It just will be a different kind of Christmas than we used to have. Different doesn’t have to be worse or less happy than it was in the past. It is all in what we choose to make it. I choose to be happy and remember the reason we are celebrating.
“For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour which is Christ the Lord.” Luke 2:11
I wish everyone of you a very Merry Christmas.
- The Ladies of Ivy Cottage - February 21, 2018
- Honeysuckle Dreams (A Blue Ridge Romance) - February 12, 2018
- Honor-Bound Lawman (Love Inspired Historical) - February 5, 2018
- Troubled Waters (Montana Rescue- Book #4) - January 29, 2018
- 10 Minute Novelists Conference - January 26, 2018
- You’re Gonna Love Me - January 22, 2018
- The Sound Of Rain - January 16, 2018
- Tate - January 8, 2018
- Treasure Me Cowboy - January 1, 2018
- Blind Spot - December 18, 2017