I don’t know about your family, but my family loves alfredo sauce. I add chicken to it most of the time, just because that is what I usually have on hand. It is delicious with shrimp or even shrimp, scallops and a little crab meat, if I want something fancy. This recipe is so easy it will become a welcome addition to your regular rotation of recipes. The only thing is, I don’t usually keep cream on hand so I had to start adding it to my grocery list. I hope your family enjoys this recipe as much as my family does.
1/4 cup butter
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
Melt butter in a large skillet
add minced garlic stir and do not let it get brown
add the cream and stir until it has warmed up
slowly add parmesan stirring until all is incorporated with the cream
continue stirring so it doesn’t clump up
salt and pepper to taste (I usually only add pepper)
The sauce is done. At this point you could add already cooked chicken or shrimp.
I serve over cooked linguine or penne pasta, sprinkled with a little grated parmesan cheese.
- The Cowboy’s Special Christmas - December 8, 2017
- The View From Rainshadow Bay - December 4, 2017
- In This Moment - November 27, 2017
- Writing What You Like - November 6, 2017
- Cherished Mercy - October 30, 2017
- Taking A Chance - October 23, 2017
- Blue Ridge Sunrise - October 16, 2017
- Christmas At Carnton - October 9, 2017
- Christmas With My Cowboy - October 2, 2017
- Convenient Lies - September 25, 2017