Something you may not know about me…I’m originally from Ohio. I know, I know….my husband always says “Once a Yankee, Always a Yankee.
We lived in Cincinnati until I was thirteen then we moved to Northern Ohio, up between Akron and Cleveland, to a little town called Wadsworth. Tubing up there meant something entirely different from the type of tubing they do in Texas.
We would bundle up and get a ride over to Boston Mills Ski Resort. They have huge slopes that were divided into lanes. We used to slide down them all day long. On Friday nights, they used to hold dances in the ski lodge. This is the type of “tubing” I grew up knowing about.
It’s a whole different kind of “tubing” down in Texas. As soon as school is out for the summer, families start heading to the Frio River, in ConCan, Texas. (Up in the Hill Country) I have friends who have rented several houses up on the river and will be spending the next five days tubing on the Frio River as part of their annual family reunion. (I’m a little jealous, we won’t be going until the end of July).
My boys love jumping off the ropes that are tied to random trees along the river. A float down the river may last two to three hours depending on how fast the river is flowing. It is a fun, relaxing time for family and friends to get together.
TUBING Is Fun!
- The Ladies of Ivy Cottage - February 21, 2018
- Honeysuckle Dreams (A Blue Ridge Romance) - February 12, 2018
- Honor-Bound Lawman (Love Inspired Historical) - February 5, 2018
- Troubled Waters (Montana Rescue- Book #4) - January 29, 2018
- 10 Minute Novelists Conference - January 26, 2018
- You’re Gonna Love Me - January 22, 2018
- The Sound Of Rain - January 16, 2018
- Tate - January 8, 2018
- Treasure Me Cowboy - January 1, 2018
- Blind Spot - December 18, 2017