Something you may not know about me…I’m originally from Ohio. I know, I know….my husband always says “Once a Yankee, Always a Yankee.
We lived in Cincinnati until I was thirteen then we moved to Northern Ohio, up between Akron and Cleveland, to a little town called Wadsworth. Tubing up there meant something entirely different from the type of tubing they do in Texas.
We would bundle up and get a ride over to Boston Mills Ski Resort. They have huge slopes that were divided into lanes. We used to slide down them all day long. On Friday nights, they used to hold dances in the ski lodge. This is the type of “tubing” I grew up knowing about.
It’s a whole different kind of “tubing” down in Texas. As soon as school is out for the summer, families start heading to the Frio River, in ConCan, Texas. (Up in the Hill Country) I have friends who have rented several houses up on the river and will be spending the next five days tubing on the Frio River as part of their annual family reunion. (I’m a little jealous, we won’t be going until the end of July).
My boys love jumping off the ropes that are tied to random trees along the river. A float down the river may last two to three hours depending on how fast the river is flowing. It is a fun, relaxing time for family and friends to get together.
TUBING Is Fun!
- I’ll Be There - June 19, 2017
- Sweetbriar Cottage - June 12, 2017
- Chapel Car Bride - June 8, 2017
- The Writing Desk - May 29, 2017
- The Perfect Stranger - May 8, 2017
- Treasured Grace - April 17, 2017
- Rightfully Ours - April 10, 2017
- A Note Yet Unsung - March 13, 2017
- Nashville Series – Part Four – Pleasure In The Rain - March 2, 2017
- Nashville – Part Three – What We Feel - March 1, 2017